Saturday, January 25, 2014

There's No Business Like Show Business

The PGA Merchandise show recently concluded in Orlando, and many innovative and exciting new concepts were found.  I'll share just a few with you:

What would a PGA Show be without the obligatory Rickie Fowler hat float.  Rickie, can I interest you in a visor or baseball cap?
Finally a golf cart you can take into bunkers?  First thought, keep this away from Rakoff (inside joke for Willow Ridge members).  In reality, it's Odyssey launching their new line of Tank putters.  Tank?  I don't get it (not that I'm unfamiliar with tanking on the golf course) unless they've recently signed K.J. Choi.
The Bigfoot Cart above comes, unexpectedly, BYOS*.  The GolfBoard below is a mere $3,595 at retail, though I think I'd just as soon go with a Segway.
If only
E-cigars?  Who knew?  If only I could get cart mates to try these.
Really?  I'll admit that the image of Big John does have an effect on my digestive tract, but obviously not the one these two imagine.
Meade -- a golf line started by online men's clothing store Bonobos -- offers elegant contemporary golf clothes, "khakis without diaper butt," as they put it.  They look kinda metrosexual to me, especially the bespangled pants, but what if the diaper butt isn't caused by the khakis?
These Vibram Golf V-Classic shoes are an actual Golf Digest Editor's pick from the show, but aren't we being a tad loose with the term classic?  Allegedly comfortable, but even if they gave a pedicure, you wouldn't catch me dead in these.
The Rickie Fowler/OK State orange is the least objectionable aspect of the Puma Soundchuck, a Bluetooth enabled portable sound system.  Loud music on a golf course - what could go wrong?
For those of you who have envisioned Padraig Harrington as a hostage, this one's for you.  But do we really need the Swing Shirt, or is that why the Lord gave us duct tape?
* Bring Your Own Sasquatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment