Wednesday, January 29, 2014

That's Heisenberg, I'm Certain

A couple of years ago, one of my golf buddies showed up with a cool piece of artwork on his golf ball, a Jolly Roger as it happens, courtesy of a product from a company called Tin Cup.  The product is basically a round metal form into which a golf ball fits, with a design cut into the metal so it acts as a stencil.

I liked the idea so much that I purchased one for Theresa and one for myself.  For Theresa I chose Nine Lives, because it looked so much like our cat Ray:


For myself I chose Bombs Away because, as everyone knows, chicks dig the long ball:


I like the product very much, with a couple of caveats.  First, it takes a bit of time and focus to mark the designs on a golf ball, especially if multiple colors are involved.  It also requires a fine point Sharpie, not what most of us have in our golf bags.  Secondly, the designs don't last all that long, especially if you play in the early morning dew.  

I'm on Tin Cup's mailing list, and was intrigued by their current Cup of the Month, called Incognito:


Given that Theresa and I are deep into season 4 of Breaking Bad, I have to note that nothing could be more cognito than the above, which is clearly Heisenberg (a/k/a Walter White) from that show.  See what I mean?


And as long as as we've connected golf to crystal meth, the Breaking Bad fans will know that this was inevitable, blue meth has shown up in Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment