Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ski Blogging

Just briefly, perhaps.  An epic day yesterday, skiing powder and crud on the far side of the mountain.  Lee and Mitch, I don't really know who you are, but thanks for showing us the great terrain off Dream Catcher, and especially for the knee shots.  I can only hope that this flatlander didn't hold you up too much.

Actually, I knew it was going to be a great day when FNBF* Bob hopped into my car and immediately handed me two small packages of Walkers Shortbread, having no idea that I'm a renowned shortbread blogger.

It's been incredibly windy all week, and yesterday was no exception.  The wind created a delay in getting up the mountain, as one lift from the base was closed and the other was running at reduced speed.  But once up, we just consulted the skier's manual, which says that in high wind a skier spends his day on sheltered lifts and skis the woods.  

This photo taken from Club Dine barely captures the environment, as the haze is wind-blown snow.
The real purpose of this post is to let you know that posting will be light for the next 24-48 hours.  I'm working on some long-form posts in Vijay Singh and the LPGA new points system, but travel and work commitments will, alas, get in the way.

See you all on the other side.

* Former New Best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment