Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fade to White

Yesterday was an epic day on the slopes, 7" of fresh stuff made for lots of smiles under goggles.  It was still heavy snow, not the light fluffy powder that they call The Greatest Snow on Earth™ and stamp on their license plates, so hard work for us flatlanders.  I of course overdid it and I'm hurting this morning... I understand why my quads are threatening insurrection, but why do my eyelids hurt (and no alcohol was involved)?  But it was 18,716 vertical feet of glee. 

Your Humble Blogger caught by the mountain photographers yesterday.  FNBF Bob will be pleased to see that I'm not dropping my hands.
Here's a few other images from life in paradise:

The Torch is Passed:  FNBF Bob congratulates Boyd on assuming the rewards and obligations of the position of New Best Friend.
We had snow coming into our gondola car from a small hole in the roof.  One of my fellow skiers found that he had just the tool for the job.
New friend Lee dives into the aspens.  We love the trees, but you really need to wait for adequate cover, as there's lots of brush on which your ski can snag.
Did I mention the brush?  Mitch, another new ski buddy, caught his ski on a root and that always results in a face plant.  Not the worst thing in the world when it's a soft landing, and always a good photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment