Tuesday, March 17, 2015

An Existential Crisis

For your humble blogger, that is...

I'm in the early stages of my morning routine....first cup of coffee perched precariously on my lap as I open Shack's blog on my iPad... his lead item involves the publication of Dan Jenkins' 21st book, apparently a fine compilation of the Master's recent work for Golf Digest.

But see if you can guess what caused the violent projection of coffee from my mouth:


To quote Robert Redford from the final scene of The Candidate, Now what do we do?

Should I?

  1. Be flattered that his own self has chosen to confirm the wisdom of the moniker I chose for the blog?
  2. Channel my inner Prince and change the name to The Blog Formerly Known as Unplayable Lies?
  3. Pen a nasty rebuttal for Derek Jeter's new Players' Tribune website?  After all, that worked so well for Tiger...
  4. Pull a John McCain and immediately suspend campaign operations, and rush back to Washington, DC with no clue what to do?
  5. Have my lawyers send a cease and desist letter to his attorneys?
No. 5 has some obvious problems, such as I'd first have to retain an attorney and of course I've no legal protection for the name whatsoever...

As an aside, friend of and former proofreader to the blog Al Z. has been pushing me to acquire and host the blog on my own domain.  Unplayablelies.com is for sale for $2,095.00, which is a tad rich for my blood given the revenue stream the blog provides, but I did pop for $15.00 to warehouse unplayable-lies.com.  

So my dear readers, what does a struggling blogger do having been bigfooted by a legend?  I'm leaning towards option No. 1, but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Who is Dan Jenkins (and what has he ever done for golf compared to you)?

    ReplyDelete