Thursday, May 15, 2014

Kunta Kudos

This game we play is brutally difficult and success is an infrequent companion.  So it's with great pleasure that I post this Unplayable Lies shout-out to Kent St. Charles for making it through U.S. Open Local Qualifying yesterday.  Kent, better know as Kunta Kente and my frequent companion for evening golf, shot a two-under 69 at Whippoorwill  Club, grabbing one of only eight slots available for Sectional Qualifying at Old Oaks and Century Golf Clubs in a few weeks.

Kent is obscenely long for a guy who weighs maybe 98 lbs. dripping wet, but as we know the level of talent out there is scary.  I'm delighted to see him put together such a great round when it mattered, and can't wait to see how he does in Sectional and his other tournaments this season.  He's also just a great young man, and he was gracious enough to admit in a text this morning that the daily beatdowns I've administered have toughened him up.  My pleasure, Kunta, and I just regret that today's weather likely precludes another instructional session this evening. 

I should note that our Assistant Professional Kyle Baelher missed the playoff for the final three slots by one agonizing stroke.  Also a great performance, but this game can be way too cruel at times.  

Well done, men!

No comments:

Post a Comment