Friday, December 16, 2022

Ski Blogging

I'm pretty much ignoring golf for the moment, though I'll try to catch some of Charlie over the weekend.

As noted earlier, my nephew Zack is staying with me, along with a friend from college with whom I've skied before.  Z was on the mogul circuit for many years, ranked 35th in the U.S. before moving on to hopefully save his knees.

He's a great young man, so quite the pleasure to have him hanging with his Uncle, but he also gets me out my rut and motivates me to go places I should go more often.  Today we skied Snowbird, an epic mountain that gets obscene amounts of snow.  It's located in Little Cottonwood Canyon, a dramatic box canyon that has only the one minor flaw, the road into the canyon closes on most days that end in "Y".

No such problems today, and we had an epic day of shredding the powder. Quite a place, when you can get to it, as per these:

And some video, first of your humble blogger:


Nothing special, except for Zack actually holding the camera in his bare hand on a -2 degree morning

But the main event is this of Zack showing off for the crowd:


The folks on the chairlift dug it.  

We'll do it again tomorrow at Snowbasin, assuming your humble blogger's legs will allow.  Magic 8-Ball says, "outlook cloudy".

Back to regularly scheduled programming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment