Sunday, September 27, 2015

Life Isn't Fair, But Golf Is A Whole 'Nother Thing

So, this was my pitch mark yesterday on our Par-3 seventh:


The astute reader will have intuited the result from the post title, as the ball bounced or spun out and settled some 18" southeast of Nirvana...

The good news is that we can safely conclude that my club selection was spot on, though I did pull the shot a tad.

And this unfortunate result was after my Joe Daly last week...  Don't know that reference?  That unfortunate soul had this short putt on the final hole at Q-School in 2000 to earn his Tour card:


I had a 30" putt for par on our 18th green last Sunday, and intentionally stroked it with a bit of pace to keep it on line.  Like Joe above I was reaching for it when I heard the sickening clank of surlyn on plastic and the ball shot back out of the cup.  The saving grace for me was that the putt had no intrinsic value, though my reaction was about the same as Joe's, minus the lame hat toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment