Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Masters, In Perspective

Loyal UL reader and good friend Mark W. writes with this oldie but goodie:
A man had two tickets to the Masters ... 
As he sits down, another man comes along and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him. 
"No", he says, "It's empty." 
"Incredible!" said the man, "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this to one of the biggest sporting events of the whole year and not use it?" 
"Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. My wife always would come with me, but she passed away. This is the first Masters we haven't been to together since we got married."
"Oh... I'm so sorry.. You couldn't find someone else to join you, a friend, relative or neighbor to use the ticket?" 
The man shakes his head... "No. They're all at the funeral."
Can someone explain this to me?

1 comment: