Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Morning After

There's got to be a morning after, Maureen McGovern famously sang in the Poseiden Adventure, though I'm wondering if in that case it came with lower back pain.  The body is feeling it, but there's no choice but to soldier on...the lad needs me.

So, this was the final first round leaderboard:


That's us tied for second.  Kent forwarded me his pairing e-mail from the Westchester Golf Association, which looked like this:


So I'm thinking that's a late tee-time for a 36-hole day... then it dawns on me.  They cut the field to low 40 and ties, so of course had to re-seed the field.  Your humble blogger, he of the 59-year old back and lost 8-iron, will be looping in the final group at the Westchester Open.  Egads, what a strange game this is.

Well, at least it won't be hot our there or anything...


Hmmmm...that precipitous decrease in humidity seems awfully suspect, considering they're expecting thunder-boomers in the afternoon.  It's gonna be a scorcher out there... the good news is that they'll give us a cart when needed.  Though I'm tempted to suck it up at least for the morning (no way I can carry for 36 in any event, and certainly not in this heat).

I forgot to include this in last night's post:

The boss and I reunited with the infamous 8-iron.  
Lots of interesting items in the golf world for us to parse, but it will all have to keep until tomorrow at the earliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment